Did you ever want to accessorize dull and plain desk accessories? Well, in this tutorial, I will show you how to customize your pencil and pen cup holder from basic to stylish in under 20 minutes.
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Gathering All Required Materials
Make sure to collect all the following materials:
- Pencil and pen cup holder
- Bling on a roll
- Glue gun
- At least 4 glue sticks
Step 2: Setting Up the Glue Gun
Plug your glue gun into a power source and place 1 glue stick in its barrel or gun slot.
Step 3: Attaching Design Material to Cup Holder
- Pick up the pencil and pen holder and bling ribbon. (For this project, I'm using Bling On A Roll.)
- Start applying the glue to the bling material in 1 inch increments and pull to straighten.
- The first row should look like the second picture. If not, then remove the bling and reapply
- After completing each row cut the ends of the bling ribbon neatly, make sure that no excess bling remains on the end of the row. For an example, look to picture 3.
- There will be a total of 6 rows to fully cover the cup holder. (Refer to picture 5.)
Step 4: Finished Look
Now you are ready to add your favorite writing utensils in your now blinged out pencil and pen cup holder. I have added pink heart sticks to mine to add a little extra pizzazz. Well actually my daughter added them! You can choose your own decorum to stick inside your cup holder. Plastic flowers are always a nice addition also.