Here’s a quick Instructable on how to make a nice potted plant for your house.
Fake dirt or sand
Fake grass or moss
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Prepare the Pot
Use hot glue to cover the hole in the bottom of the pot, DO NOT TAKE THE STICKER OFF
- Add more hot glue and place the stem of your fake plant upright in the glue
- You can paint the outside of the pot if you want to before adding the glue
Step 2: Add the Dirt/Sand
While holding the plant upright, fill the pot with your fake dirt/sand about 2/3 of the way full.
- Make sure to leave room for the fake grass/moss to sit without overflowing out of the pot
Step 3: Add the Fake Grass/Moss
Using a bit of hot glue to secure it (if needed), place your fake grass/moss around the stem of the plant and pat it down.
- Make sure none of the dirt/sand is showing
Step 4: Secure Everything
Add a thick circle of hot glue around the edge of the moss to secure it in.
- Also fill in large gaps with glue
This is an entry in the
Home Decor Contest