Introduction: How to Make a Glowing Jellyfish
Make a beautiful glowing Jellyfish at home.
- Empty Bowl.
- Hot Glue Gun
- SMD Blue Light Strips.
- 12 volts Power Supply (to light-up SMD LEDs)
- Cooking Paper
- Soldering iron + Wire.
- Wire Cutter
Step 1: Video
Step 2: Jellyfish Upper Part
- Take an empty bowl.
- Put a even layer of hot glue at wall of bowl. (Note: don't fill it all, just put glue around its wall) .
- Do again (make another layer over it, to make it thick).
- When dry, take it off.
- Take a flat glass or cooking paper and put our silicone bowl upside down on it and draw a circle.
- Fill this circle with hot glue. Now its become a lid of our silicone bowl.
Step 3: Set Up the Light
- Take SMD stripe according to your bowl size. (in my case, 3 feet is required)
- Cut 4 pieces and solder wires to power it up.
- Stick all 4 stripe inside a bowl. (shown in picture)
- Combine all positive terminals. (Red wire +)
- Combine all negative terminals. (Black wire +)
- Take a long piece of thin wire and put hot glue on it except on its both terminals.
- Make a small hole in center of silicone lid and pass the silicone wrapped wire through it.
- Connect with positive and negative terminals of SMD respectively.
- Test the lights by connecting it with 12 volts power supply. (voltage depends upon your SMD voltage rating) .
- Put some hot glue at corners and close the lid.
Step 4: Make Tentacles
- Take cooking paper and draw different shapes and size of tentacles on it.
- Trace that shape with hot glue.
- When dry, put some more glue on it to make it thick.
- Peel them from cooking paper.
Step 5: Assembly
- Take the jellyfish upper part, turn it upside down put some drop of hot glue on it and stick one tentacle on it put some more glue around it and wait for dry.
- Stick all the tentacles.
- If you want to hang it then stick some hook on its top with hot glue.