“We're bad guys, it's what we do.” - Harley Quinn, Suicide Squad
We Love Colors presents the most popular costumes for Halloween 2016.
The most popular costume for ladies this year is going to be Harley Quinn from Suicide Squad.
She’s cute, funny, sexy, and a whole lot of crazy, a girl’s costume dream.
Luckily we put together an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to make Harley Quinn from Suicide Squad.
- We Love Colors boy shorts in Scarlet Red and Royal
- Sewing machine (or you can hand sew)
- Seam Ripper (just in case!)
- Long Sleeve white t-shirt
- Leftover white fabric or imperfects
- Red paint
- Black paint
- Sponge Brush
- Glitter adhesive lettering
- Hot glue
- Fabric tack (optional)
- Blonde wig with two pigtail attachments
- Baseball bat
- Belts (x2)
- Primer and foundation
- Contouring supplies
- Grey and black for texture
- Bright blue and bright red face paint
- Blue and Red eye/lip pencils
- Black eye pencil or liquid eye-liner
- Red lipstick
Step 1: How to Make Harley Quinn's Shorts
First we have to make Harley Quinn’s shorts.
- You need boy shorts in Scarlet red and Royal.
- Pull both shorts inside out, so the label is towards the back.
- Cut one-inch to the side of the seam all the way around on both shorts, but make sure you’re cutting the different sides of the legs.
- Pin your seam back together all the way around.
- Sew them carefully back together at ½ inch seam.
- Take your pins out and flip it back right side out.
- Ta-dah you have Harley’s shorts!
Step 2: How to Make Harley Quinn's Shirt and Choker
Next we have to make Harley’s shirt and choker.
For the shirt:
- You need red and black paint, a t-shirt, a sponge brush, and tape.
- Tape off the sections of the top of the shirt that you are going to paint red and sponge paint the paint on.
- Use tape to add the stripes to her arms in paint.
- Carefully write “Daddy’s Lil Monster” in black paint across the middle.
- Cut off the sleeves and add some holes to the middle.
For the choker:
- We used glitter adhesive lettering.
- Pick out the correct letters for pudding, measure your neck, and using either extra fabric or fabric from the sleeve hot glue it down to hide the edges.
- Glue the letters “PUDDIN” onto the front of the choker.
- Add a piece of velcro to the front and back of the choker to attach it to your neck, we recommend using fabric tack for this, but hot glue will work.
Step 3: How to Do Harley Quinn's Makeup
Finally we have to finish off Harley with some fantastic make-up!
- Prime and lighten your face.
- Add contouring and smudge some grey and blacks in for texture.
- Add a bright blue face paint with a sponge to and around one eye.
- Add a bright red face paint with a sponge to the other eye.
- Use a red and blue pencil to define the eye shape a little better and add some wounds.
- Use that same red pencil to outline and accentuate the lips.
- Use a bright red lipstick to fill. Rub your hand down the lips to smear one side.
- Use a black pencil to outline the eyes and draw on a heart detailing. <3