Introduction: How to Make a Jar Car in Under 5 Minutes
This easy car will take you to the land of Fun and Racing in under 5 minutes!
Follow the steps from SAM Labs to complete it!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Make Yourself a PB & J.... and Prepare Your Materials
1. Firstly, finish that lovely sandwich.
2. Then, carve out that jelly jar and get creative with it.
3. Grab your SAMs, just 2 LEDs and 2 DC Motors for this.
4. Make sure you've got some wheels that securely fit.
5. Lastly, snag some double sided tape to ensure your lights will stay put and lit!
Step 2: Let There Be Light!
1. Prepare your SAM LEDs and measure your double sided tape to give the car a bit of shape.
2. Use the tape to secure the lights, making sure they're there to stay.
3. Add both on for full effect during play!
Step 3: Add Some Speed
1. Next we have to attach the power.
2. Use tape to attach SAM DC Motors, add any wheels, and get ready to scour!
Step 4: Customise It and Bring Your Jar Car to Life
1. Open SAM Space, that wonderful app.
2. Make sure your blocks are turned on by giving the power buttons a tap.
3. Drag and drop the motors and LEDs on the canvas, this is gonna be rad!
4. Drag 4 'Keyboard' elements on, in addition to 2 'Number' apps.
5. Connect 2 keys to the numbers, and then the numbers to the motors' backs.
6. Connect another key just to the motors and another just to the 2 button pack.
Step 5: Get Ready to Rumble! 3...2...1...GO!
1. Your jar car is nearly done, just now grab a mate to make things fun!
2. Repeat the previous steps with your friend to race until you're both too tired to run.
3. Click Favourite or Share this post with everyone!