Lampshades are the most welcome items for any home decor. They look really beautiful and catch the attention of every visitor. Decorative and fanciful lamps are the favourite of all.
Here we are going to make a traditional and ethnic lampshade that looks really attractive. It is easy to make and is a beautiful home decor. This is a nice DIY Recycled Home Decor Craft.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Things Needed to Make a Lampshade
- Glue Stick
- Glue Gun
- Decorative laces
- Golden Pearls
- Decoration Light
- Cardboard Stick
- Craft Wire
- Paint Brush
Step 2: Let's Make Newspaper Strips & Triangular Shapes!
- Take a newspaper, fold and cut long strips of it.
- Take a paintbrush and start to roll the paper from one end to make a paper stick.
- Start rolling the stick using a paintbrush.
- Use your fingers to give it a triangular shape.
- Now fix more sticks to the triangle as done earlier to get a big triangular shape.
- Use your fingers to give some depth to the triangular shape.We need three such shapes of different sizes.
- Spread some adhesive on the shapes to make it tight and let it dry completely.
Step 3: Let's Color the Triangular Shapes!
- Now paint this shape using 2 colours and let it dry.
- Now apply the red colour to it.
Step 4: Let's Make Bar of the Lamp!
- To make the bar of the lamp, take a cardboard stick and wrap it in the newspaper.
- Paint the stick using red colour.
- Take paper sticks and using paintbrush make roll of it.Apply adhesive on it.
- Paste these two rolls together and paste it into the triangular shape.
- Now fix the stick at the centre of the shape and join the two shapes together.
Step 5: Let's Decorate the Lamp!
- Now decorate the lamp with decorative
- beads and laces.
- Use a craft wire to fix the light into the upper triangular shape.
- Decorate the lamp using decorative laces.
- Paste the small triangular shape at the top of the lamp.
- Now complete the decoration with more decorative laces.
Wow!! Your beautiful Newspaper Lampshade for Home Decoration is now ready!
Step 6: Conclusion
This wonderful lampshade is going to enhance the beauty of the house and is a perfect home decor. It looks ethnic and is really very beautiful. Showcase this amazing lampshade to your friends and relatives and you are definitely going to get heaps of appreciation from them.
Hope you loved watching our craft. In case of any suggestion or feedback, please share the same in the comments section below.