This is the finished project, I made mine badly and didn't use a dremel because I was in a rush to play my wii u.
Step 1: Equipment
1. housing for the LEDs, batteries and cables
2. A pair of Infrared LEDs
3. A AA battery pack which can hold two batteries
5. A push switch, be sure not to get a momentary switch
7. A hot glue gun and glue sticks
8. A soldering iron and solder
9. Something to strip the cable ends with
10. (optional) heat shrink tubing to ensure not connections touch
Step 2: Make Holes in Casing
Here I used a soldering iron to poke a hole in each end of the casing to hold the LEDs.
I also made a big hole in the middle of each case so the cables and go through.
Step 3: Wiring Up!
Here I wire the positive end of the battery pack to the switch using a cable.
From there I wire up the switch to the positive end of a LED with a cable.
I then solder a cable from the negative end of the LED to the positive end of the second LED.
From there I solder the negative end of the second LED to the negative end on the battery pack.
When I solder all these cables I make sure to go through the hole in the middle of the case if needed.
I decided to put heat shrink tubing on the connections but you don't have to if you don't want to.
Step 4: Gluing!
I hot glued the LEDs in place and the two pieces of housing together.
Step 5: Last Step: Testing!
Since camera phones can pick up infrared waves, I decided the best way to test was with my phones camera.