“Hear me, X-Men! No longer am I the woman you knew! I am fire! And life incarnate! Now and forever -- I am Phoenix!” - Phoenix Force, Earth-616
We Love Colors presents the most popular costumes for Halloween 2016.
A powerful and stunningly beautiful females for this Halloween is Jean Grey, or Phoenix.
A caring and nurturing woman by nature, Jean Grey struggles with her mutant side of Phoenix; controlled by the Phoenix Force, a deadly immortal and mutable manifestation of the prime universal force of life and passion.
Luckily we put together an easy step-by-step tutorial that does not include any sewing, for how to make Phoenix from X-Men. All products are listed at the bottom.
A super easy no-sew Phoenix costume.
- Wavy or curly Red Wig
- Spandex Unitard in Kelly Green
- Imperfect tights in Gold
- Fabric in Gold
- Shoulder Gloves in Gold
- Gold Craft Foam Sheets
- Hot Glue
- Dress tape (optional)
- Black eyeliner
- Eyebrow pencil
- Smokey eye shadow kit
- Red lipstick and/or lip pencil
- Colored eye contacts (optional)
Step 1: How to Make No-Sew Phoenix Costume
- Trace a pattern or draw the shape of a phoenix on the back of your craft foam.
- Cut out the craft foam, from the back, following the design lines.
- Have a friend or a dress form help you for this next part -- BE VERY CAREFUL as hot glue can leave terrible burns -- Stick extra craft foam (a layer or two) down the front of the unitard.
- Hot glue the phoenix foam piece on the front of the unitard.
- Grab your shoulder gloves and pull them on.
- Cut out the crotch and add a triangle onto the imperfects.
- Pull these over your boots and carefully hot glue OR use dress tape to attach it to the unitard.
- Using fabric add a waist belt and tie it off.
Step 2: How to Do Phoenix's Makeup
- Do your normal foundation routine.
- Apply eyeliner and eyebrow pencil.
- Create a smokey eye effect.
- Mascara your lashes for a big and bold effect.
- Add your lipstick.
Step 3: How to Finish Your Phoenix Costume
Share your costumes with us on social media @welovecolors or using #welovecolorsusa.