Intro: How to Make a Poncho
Anyone who doesn't have any warm coverage can now easily make a poncho that is their size and style!
- Yarn (any style/color)
- Two Long Needles (any size/color)
Step 1: How to Start Off...
- Get the yarn and do a knot about 1 foot from the beginning of the yarn.
- Put the loop on the needle and hold the two pieces of yarn on one hand.
- Hold the needle with the slipknot in your right hand and with yarn from the skein to your left. With your left hand, make a yarn loop.
- Bring the needle through the loop and toward you; at the same time, pull gently on the yarn end to tighten the loop.
- Still holding the loop in your left hand, with your right hand, pick up the yarn from the skein and bring it back to front around the needle.
Repeat Steps 1 through 3 for another 29 times. You need 30 loops on the needle.
- Hold the needle with the cast-on stitches in your left hand. Insert the point of the right needle into the first stitch, from right to left.
- With right index finger, bring the yarn under and over the point of the right needle.
- With right needle, pull the yarn back through the stitch.
- Slip the loop on the left needle off, so the new stitch is entirely on the right needle.
- Repeat steps 29 more times.
Continue this process until it is long enough to be a poncho.