In this Instructable, we will learn how to make a powerful dremel cutter tool very easily at home. This tool is a utility item that can easily cut cardboard, plastic and fiber materials.
Caution: It is not only very powerful but also a very dangerous tool and is not intended to be made or used by children.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Watch the Video
A video is very useful in providing the details and helps in understanding the procedure. Also, make sure to visit next step for additional details and images.
Step 2: Order Components
- High RPM 12v DC motor - http://amzn.to/2tsacZX
- 12v Adapter - http://amzn.to/2thzndw
- DC adapter jack - http://amzn.to/2uBwO9U
- Toggle Switch - http://amzn.to/2ub0gRj
- M-Seal Adhesive - http://amzn.to/2uBFEVh
- High RPM 12v DC motor - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/...
- 12v Adapter - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1...
- DC adapter jack - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/...
- Toggle Switch - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/...
- M-Seal Adhesive - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1...
- High RPM 12v DC motor - http://amzn.to/2vhsF9b
- 12v Adapter - http://amzn.to/2vICL4U
- DC adapter jack - http://amzn.to/2uBChcF
- Toggle Switch - http://amzn.to/2vh6hwp
- M-Seal Adhesive - http://amzn.to/2vK9cks
From Home & Local Store - Plastic Bottle (that can fit motor), Metal Sheet, electric wire connectors and connecting wires.
Step 3: Preparing the Bottle
- Take the plastic bottle and make three holes in it - one at the top for the motor, one in the center for the switch and one at the bottom for DC jack.
- Take a piece of wire and insert it through the bottle from top to bottom. Note: Make sure to watch the video for visual clarity.
- Solder the wire to the motor terminals.
- Take a DC adapter jack and solder the wires on the jack.
- Apply some Hot Glue and fix the jack at the bottom of the bottle.
- Apply some double sided tape around the motor, fix the motor inside the mouth of the bottle and close the cap tightly.
- Using Tweezers, pull the wire out from center hole.
- Cut one of the wire from the center and solder them to the push to ON switch.
- Using Hot glue, attach the switch at the plastic bottle.
It is now time to make a metal blade. Proceed to next step...
Step 4: Preparing the Blade
- Take a piece of metal sheet and draw two concentric circles of radius of about 4 and 5cm respectively.
- Cut the outer circle using metal scissors.
- Now, mark 18 equidistant points on both the circles.
- Draw the design of the cutting blade as seen in the uploaded image or the video.
- Using a metal cutting scissors, cut the blade very carefully.
- Drill a hole in the centre of the blade.
- Insert a small bolt and tight it on the blade using a nut.
Step 5: Connecting Blade to Motor
- Take the electrical cable connectors and remove the metal contacts.
- Attach one side of metal contact to the motor.
- Attach the blade to the motor using the other side of the metal contact.
- Secure and balance the joint with the M-seal adhesive around the metal contact.
Step 6: Testing the Dremel Cutter
Our powerful Dremel Tool is now ready. Connect a 12v DC power source and use the tool to cut any object.
Note: This is a very Dangerous tool, so be very careful in operating this machine.
So Friends, this here concludes the instructable. Do come back soon for new ones or SUBSCRIBE to receive regular updates. In case you might have missed, have a look at the video and see how I made a powerful Dremel Cutter Tool at home.
Make this amazing tool yourself and contact us or share your experiences on our facebook page, twitter and instagram. You can also SUBSCRIBE to our Youtube Channel GOODTECH - Creativity And Science, where i frequently post new and creative content.
Thanks For Your Support..!!
Participated in the
Make it Move Contest 2016