This recipe for a classic dessert is great for people who are short on time and are seeking a dessert that is delicious, easy, and quick to make.
Preparation: 10 minutes
In the oven: 50-55 minutes
Serves 6 to 8 people
Step 1: Gather Your Ingredients and Materials
You're going to need:
- 1 15 oz. can of pumpkin
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 store bought 9" deep dish pie shell
- Optional: whipped cream
- Can opener
- Small bowl
- Baking sheet
Step 2: Preheat Oven to 425˚
Step 3: Prepare Pumpkin Pie Filling
- With soap and water, lightly wash the cans of pumpkin and condensed milk.
- Use the can opener to open the pumpkin can and the can of condensed milk.
- Using a spoon, scrape the pumpkin and the condensed milk into the Vitamix. Make sure to scrape everything.
- In a separate small bowl, crack two eggs. Discard the shells.
- Using a fork, gently whisk the two eggs together in a circular motion.
- Pour the eggs into the Vitamix.
- Measure spices and salt.
- Pour the spices and salt into the Vitamix.
Step 4: Blend the Pumpkin Pie Filling Using a Vitamix
- Place the Vitamix onto the base.
- Plug the Vitamix in and put the lid on.
- Put the Vitamix stick through the hole of the lid.
- Making sure to hold both the handle and the stick, turn it on.
- Blend until it forms a smooth homogeneous mixture, using the stick if necessary to scrape the sides.
- Once blended, turn off the Vitamix and unplug it.
Step 5: Pour Filling Into the Pie Crust
- Take off the Vitamix lid and lay to the side.
- Pour filling into the pie crust, using a spoon if necessary to scrape the sides.
- With a spoon, smooth the filling on the top so that it is evenly spread.
- Place the pie crust on a countertop and grab each side with your hands. Slowly lift the pie 1/2 inch off the countertop and gently let go. It should make a soft thump. This is to get rid of any air in the mixture. You will see small bubbles in the pie filling. Repeat 5-7 times.
Step 6: Bake the Pie in the Oven
- Place the pie on a baking sheet.
- Open oven and carefully place the baking sheet on the rack inside of the oven using two hands. DO NOT TOUCH THE INSIDE OF THE OVEN.
- Close the oven.
- Set a timer for 15 minutes.
- When it rings, reduce the temperature to 350˚.
- Set the timer for another 35 to 40 minutes.
- When the timer rings, open the oven and use oven mitts to carefully pull out the baking sheet.
Step 7: Cool the Pie and Enjoy!
- Place the baking sheet on the stove to cool.
- When ready to eat, grab whipped cream and enjoy!