Are you really wondering about the fact that a bag can be made from tote plastic folders? Well, it is indeed surprising but if you have an old plastic tote folder which is no longer in use for you either in home or in office then why not make a useful bag out of it.
The recycled tote bag is unusual and will keep people guessing over the material used in it. It is really simple to make and all you need is an old plastic folder to make an elegant bag. Then why wait, just try this craft out
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Things Needed
- Plastic file bag
- Glue gun
- Satin ribbon
- Beads lace
- Decorative laces
- Plastic transparent hose
Step 2: Let's Take a Plastic Folder to Make a Bag!
- Take a plastic folder and draw the markings as shown.
- Now cut along the marked areas.
- We will get two pieces, the header and the body of the file.
- Using a cutter remove the buttons from the body of the plastic file.
Step 3: Let's Make the Handle of the Bag!
- Take a red colour lace and paste it on the upper surface of the plastic cover.
- Now take a plastic transparent hose from which we will make the handle of the bag.
- Cut one end of the plastic hose and attach it to the surface of the folder using a stapler.
- From the other end, insert a decorative beads lace to give it an attractive look.
- Paste this end using glue and stapler so that it is properly attached to the bag.
- Repeat the same process on the other side of the bag as well.
Step 4: Let's Decorate the Plastic Bag!
- To decorate the plastic bag, take a beautiful white decorative lace.
- Attach the ends of the lace with the stapler and stick the lace to the upper surface of the plastic bag using glue as shown.
- Take another simple white colour lace and paste it at the bottom of the bag to give it a better look.
- Now, you can paste a decorative flower of your choice at the centre of the bag to complete the look.
Wow!! Your beautiful bag is now ready for use.
Step 5: Conclusion
You can keep any items of your choice in this bag such as books, pen, pencil, color, sketches etc. it is easy to carry and is light weight. Also, it adds style and glamour to your outfits. You can also make different color bags using different plastic folders and showcase it to friends and family.
Moreover, this is just a 5 minutes craft and a great tote bag will be ready for use, now isn’t that amazing.
Hope you have found this craft to be useful. Please do share your valuable feedback and experiences with us.