There were some waste Silk threads taken from old Silk Sarees at home and I got some ideas to use that threads to make some crafts like silk thread bangles,earrings, pendant and necklace. First, I made bangles, it came out awesome.
Then I bought some more colors of silk threads and other materials like stone lace, beads and all to make make a Silk thread necklace. For the first time I tried an easy design and it came out beautiful. In this instructable I am sharing the step by step methods involved in making the Silk Thread Necklace.
Step 1: Materials Needed
- Silk thread
- Stone chain or Stone lace
- Stone ball /any available beads
- Jump rings
- Lobster clasp
- Fabric glue
Needle to sew
- Other than this you can use any pendants.
- Can use Jump rings and lobster clasp from old unused chains.
Step 2: Start Cutting Threads
- First with a thread or something, take measurement of neck
- Take silk thread of your favourite color (here I have taken Red) and roll it around a scale, measure out to required length and use scissors to cut your silk line.
- You may need 45 or 50 layers of thread in each line.
- Use glue to stick intial ends of thread and let it dry.
- Join the glued three ends and stick it in a scale with a tape, by this when u knot it won't slip way.
- Start braiding the thread as shown in the image.
- Keep braiding till the length you need and glue both ends and cut the extras.
- Stick a stone at the center and Stick a stone lace along the sides using fabric glue.
- Stitch the stone lace along the sides of bride at backside, so that the stone won't come off.
- Join Jump rings and lobster clasp at the ends of the braid.
- Can use Extension chains.
- You can make any designs as per your thoughts.
Step 5: Finally....
Here is the finished picture of Silk thread necklace. You can wear it on any occasion, which will give you an elegant look while dressing with traditional wears.
Hope you all like that.