1. Decide how big you want the overall packet to be (length: should be from your knees to shoulders, width: measure shoulder to shoulder and add a foot).
2. Whatever that measurement is, cut out two pieces of fabric that size.
3. Cut 4 strips that measure 4” x 12”. You will 2 together to make the straps of the costume.
4. Cut a zig zag at the top to create the top of the actual sauce packet.
5. Place the front of the fabric together and sew the sides so that the top and bottom are still open.
6. Try it on to make sure it fits and then make a mark where you want the straps to go.
7. Take the costume off and sew the straps on.
8. Find the font used for “Border Sauce Mild,” and “Think Outside the Bun,” online, type it up and then cut out the letters.
9. Pin the letters to fusible fabric and cut them out (make sure they are backwards so when you iron them to the front, the letters aren’t backwards).
10. Iron the letters on packet in the appropriate places.
11. Cut out a rectangle for the quote to go on and iron that to fusible fabric.
12. Find Taco Bell logo online and print it on an iron-on transfer.
13. Pick a phrase that you want to go on the front. I used, “Eat, Drink and Be Scary!”
14. Type up the phrase you selected and the ingredients information (from an actual sauce packet) and print them on an iron-on transfer
15. Iron the iron-on transfers to the costume in the appropriate places.
Participated in the