Sliding boxes are easy to make and are useful as well. You can store in a lot of items in these boxes. The design looks new and is attractive as well. not only this, it is easy to operate too. Therefore, sliding boxes of different shapes and sizes are garnering the attention of the customers.
Keeping this fact in mind, we are going to make a beautiful sliding box from an old cardboard box. It looks elegant and none of your guests would be able to guess that it is made up of old cardboard boxes.
Step 1: Things Needed
- Empty Box
- Printed Sheet
Step 2: Let's Open the Empty Box & Paste Printed Paper!
- Take an empty box and open it. Apply glue to the inner surface.
- Paste the printed paper on the inner portion of the cut-out box.
Step 3: Let's Cut the Cardboard & Wrap the Pieces!
- Now take a cardboard and mark the measurements.
- Cut along the markings using a cutter.
- Mark some more measurements and Cut it.
- Apply glue on these cut-out pieces and stick the pieces together.
- Now, wrap these pieces in a printed sheet.
Step 4: Draw the Design on the Box & Cut It!
- Flip the box and mark the measurement on it.
- Now draw the design over the markings and cut out the marked portion.
- Now paste the printed paper on the top of the box.
- Cut out the extra portion of the box.
Step 5: Let's Fold the Box!
- Now, fold the box in such a way that it has an opening at the front and fix all the open surfaces using glue.
- Now, stick the cardboard pieces inside the box.
- Paste another printed sheet at the lower end of the box.
Step 6: Let's Make Lid of the Box!
- Now, take a cardboard piece which can slide into the box.
- Cover it with printed paper like this. Slide it over the box as a lid to close it.
Wow!! Your beautiful slide box is now ready to keep your regular stuff in it.
Step 7: Conclusion
This sliding box has turned out to be really good. Keep your stuff inside it. You can also choose to make multiple such boxes and segregate them on the basis of the items stored in it. It also acts as a perfect gift option where you can keep some items and use this colourful box as well.
Hope you liked this craft. In case of any suggestion or feedback, please share the same in the comments section below.