Nameplate are very essential for any home. They are used both for identification and as a decorative object too. Here, we are going to make one such handmade nameplate which is easy to make and looks beautiful as well. It is colourful and looks great on the walls. This unique nameplate is made from cardboard and is our best out of waste craft idea.
Step 1: Things Needed
- Nylon rope
- Shilpkar Clay
- Acrylic paint
- Bead Chain
Step 2: Let's Draw the Pattern on Cardboard!
- Let’s take a rectangular shape cardboard and draw the required pattern on it.
Step 3: Let's Cut the Cardboard!
- Now cut along the outline to get the necessary design for the nameplate. We need two such shapes of different dimensions for the craft.
Step 4: Let's Remove the Layer of the Cardboard!
- Take the smaller cardboard piece and remove the upper covering from it. Paste it at one end of the larger piece to give the nameplate an elevation.
Step 5: Let's Apply Adhesive!
- Apply adhesive all over the craft and allow it to dry. Take a nylon rope and fix it on the border of the craft using glue.
Step 6: Let's Make Pattern Using Clay!
- Now take Shilpkar clay, roll and press it to make the clay soft. Make different patterns of it. Here we are making the alphabets ‘My HOME’ out of it.
Step 7: Let's Make Flowers & Leaves!
- Similarly, use Shilpkar clay to make roses and leaves. Paste these designs at opposite ends of the craft.
Step 8: Let's Color the Craft!
- Now use different acrylic paints to colour the craft and leave it to dry. To make the hanging for the nameplate, use a beaded chain and fix it on the backside of the craft.
Step 9: Conclusion
Wow!! Yourbeautiful nameplate craft is now ready.
This is an excellent colourful nameplate which will look great on the walls. You can engrave other letters too such as your name or house number on the nameplate as per your wish. You can also use different colours based on your imagination. This is a wonderful and unique nameplate which looks really attractive on the walls of your home.
Hope you will enjoy making this nameplate craft. Please do not forget to share your valuable feedback and experiences in the comment section.