Before you meal prep this week, watch this video first for new ideas to make your meal planning for weight loss and healthy living convenient, simple, and delicious. This week I am featuring shrimp, teriyaki turkey meatballs, asparagus with bacon, and white rice. See the macros below for the featured recipes.
- Turkey Meatballs: 1 x 16oz.
- Bag of Trader Joes Pre-Cooked Turkey Meatballs 1oz.
- Trader Joes Turkish Honey (regular honey is ok)
- 1oz. Sriracha Hot Sauce
Step 1: Put Turkey Meatballs and Shrimp on Tray
*Preheat oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit*
- Line a baking pan with aluminum foil and coat with olive oil
- Place meatballs and shrimp on tray
- Lightly coat shrimp with olive oil and season with Trader Joe’s BBQ Rub & Seasoning with Coffee & Garlic
- Place tray in oven for 20 minutes
Step 2: Cook Rice
- Cook rice on stovetop while tray is in oven
- Bring rice to a boil then turn to low to simmer
Step 3: Fry 2 Pieces of Bacon
Step 4: Prep Asparagus
*Personally, I snap the bottoms off the asparagus where they naturally break instead of cutting the asparagus ends*
- Put stovetop on low and cook asparagus in the same pan that you cooked the bacon in for about 5 minutes
- Add Trader Joe’s BBQ Rub & Seasoning with Coffee & Garlic onto Asparagus
- Add 2 tbsp. of water to help the asparagus steam and cover with a lid
Step 5: Mix Asparagus and Bacon
- Cut up bacon into small pieces and add to asparagus
Step 6: Pull Turkey Meatballs and Shrimp & Add Shrimp to Pan
- Take shrimp and turkey meatballs out of the oven after 20 minutes
- Add shrimp to pan on high for extra flavor and crunch. Cook for 5 minutes
- Add turkey meatballs into a bowl
Step 7: Make Turkey Meatball Sauce
- Add 1 oz. of Turkish Honey and 1 oz. of Sriracha into a mixing bowl
- Add turkey meatballs and mix.
Step 8: Portion
- Use a food scale to portion food according to your goals
- Place an empty tupperware container on food scale and make sure to tare scale to zero each time you weigh your food
- For more information on how to target your health and fitness goals check out Gauge Girl Training