Intro: How to Mirror PC to PC
The advent of internet makes everything possible that even mirroring PC to PC is now feasible. This is very beneficial when you are in the situation that you need to share your screen to other people, especially those who are very far from you. It might sound difficult at first but with the help of useful tools, you can easily do it. Scroll down to find out how.
Step 1: For Windows 10
If you are using Windows 10, then you probably know the built-in screen mirroring that comes with the operating system. This helps you to stream your monitor to other devices such as TV and another Windows PC. Actually, it does not only mirror your screen but also allows your second source to be an alternative monitor. For instance, you can continue working on your important document on the first source while listening to music on the other one. To know how you can do this, follow the steps below.
- Open Action Center on your computer by clicking on the speech bubble icon found on the lower right corner of your screen.
- Tap on Connect and choose your device from the detected sources. This might take a while, so you have to wait until the process is done.
- Tick on Allow input then click on Change Projection Mode > Extend. Your PC will now be mirrored.
- To disconnect, hit the Disconnect button.
Step 2: For Windows 7/8 and Mac
For users running Windows 7/8 or Mac, you can use TeamViewer. It is developed to remotely control computer or project desktop screen to other monitors. Aside from this feature, it allows users to share files between each other while on the process of mirroring. Here’s how:
- Download TeamViewer on your computers and launch it.
- Sign up for an account and active the app using the link sent to your email address.
- Do the same on the other computer.
- To share screen, input the ID and password from your colleague’s TeamViewer app on the box under Control Remote Computer. Click Connect to partner to establish connection.
- A pop-up message will appear asking you to confirm the connect. Simply accept it to mirror your PC.
Step 3: Extra Tip
In the event that you want to mirror your phone to PC, say play games on a bigger screen, you may rely on ApowerMirror. This lets you stream music, videos, pictures, and applications stored on your Android/iOS to computers. The Android version of the app allows one to control their phone using mouse and keyboard. With its very intuitive interface, you can effortlessly create connection between your devices. You may also take screenshots and record your mobile screen using ApowerMirror.
- Install ApowerMirror on your computer and run the program.
- From the Google Play Store and App Store, search for the mobile version and install it too.
- To connect, follow the steps below.
- For Android users. Connect your Android device on PC using USB cable to enable control mode from PC. To wirelessly connect, open the app on your smartphone. Click the M blue button and tap on your computer’s name.
- For iOS users. Open Control Center and hit Screen Mirroring or AirPlay Mirroring. Press on your computer’s name to allow connection between devices.