Muffins are magnificent. Moustaches are pretty marvelous, too. A muffin modeling a moustache would be miraculous.
Step 1: You'll Need...
To make some moustached muffins of your own, you'll need:
• A muffin pan
• Muffin liners (or something like butter or flour that will keep your muffins from sticking to the pan)
• Muffin batter, made from your favourite recipe. It's better to have a thicker batter, to avoid having the facial features sink into the muffin.
• One or more peaches, nectarines, or other stone fruits. Apples would also work, you just need to be able to slice it into shapes resembling moustaches
• A strawberry, or other fruit to be used as mouths
• Chocolate chips, nuts, or other small food pieces to be used as eyes
• Optional brown sugar, for topping (or is it bottoming, if it's on the bottom?)
Step 2: Prepare Your Oven, Your Muffin Tin, and Your Moustaches
Preheat your oven to the temperature instructed by your recipe.
Put the muffin liners in the muffin tin. You could also butter the pan, flour it, or spray it with some sort of non-sticking baking spray stuff.
If you want to, you can put extra fruit and brown sugar into the bottom of the liners. You could also do just fruit, or just sugar.
You also need to cut your fruit into slices. They shouldn't be too thick, a little over half a centimeter (a quarter inch) on the thicker side with the skin is good.
Cut your strawberry into slices, and then into strips, parallel with the leafy part of the fruit.
Step 3: Prepare Your Muffins for Their Moustaches
Now you can pour your batter into the muffin tins. Usually you fill the cups about three-quarters of the way up.
If you spill batter on the tin, outside of the cups, just wipe it up to avoid burning it later.
Step 4: Moustache Your Muffins!
This is the moment your muffins have all been waiting for: the moment they get their moustaches!
Put a slice of fruit in the middle of each muffin.
They now each have moustaches, but how can you tell it's a moustache and not just a piece of fruit? With the next step, you can add some context.
Step 5: Add the Rest of the Muffin's Face
There are many different options for muffin eyes. I used chocolate chips, almonds, and cashews. These go above the moustache, on the longer, outside side.
Now it's easier to tell that the mysterious crescent in the middle of your muffin is actually a moustache!
If it still looks a bit like a frown, you can add a mouth. Place your sliver of strawberry under the moustache.
Step 6: Bake Your Moustached Muffins!
In order for your moustached muffins to be mightily delicious, they must be baked. Follow your recipe for the length of time they should be in the oven.
Step 7: Enjoy Your Moustached Muffins!
Once your muffins are cooked, you can enjoy them and their amazing moustachiness!