I show how to perform a quick and easy way to open canned food with only a spoon. This is a good tip for emergency/survival situations or camping when you don’t have a can opener. Be careful and take any necessary safety precautions as the edges of the cans lid can be very sharp. ??
Step 1: Instructions
- Put the spoon into your palm and grab onto it with your fingers like shown in the first image.
- Then take the spoon to the edge of the can.
- Push the tip of the spoon into the can while moving it back and forth.
- This will create a weak area and pierce a hole.
- Then work your way around the can by pushing the spoon in.
- You don’t have to go all the way around, just enough to open the can and get to the food.
- Be careful as the edge can be very sharp.
- This can be used in emergency or survival situations when a can opener is not available.
Step 2: Watch the Video
(The video may not show up for mobile viewers)