In this video StyleUnited Beauty Trends expert Thea shows you how to create a simple, fun chevron pattern on your nails.
1. Apply Base Coat. Here we use Cover Girl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss for a neutral base.
Tip: Make sure base coat is completely dry before beginning nail art application.
2. Dab Nail Polish on a Card. Use card stock or something that won't absorb. Make a little pool of polish.
3. Create Dots with a Dotter. Use skinny end of dotter tool and make dots in an uneven pattern while alternating lines. You will ultimately make a zig zag pattern of lines out of these dots. Clean dotter with nail polish and wipe with a Puffs tissue.
Tip: Wait a few minutes for polish to dry before proceeding to next step.
4. Use a Brush to Connect Dots. Connect the dots in a zig zag pattern. Make these lines thick since you will use another color to make lines on top of these lines.
5. Paint Lines with a Second Color. Use a brush to make a thin line over the thicker base line in another color.
6. Optional: Add a Clear Gloss. Wait at least a half hour to apply gloss so you don't streak the chevron lines.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.