Introduction: How to Plan Your Wedding
Planning your wedding takes a lot of organisation to make sure that your special day is as perfect as it can be. To help make your day a stress-free memorable one, follow these steps and you'll have the day you'll always remember.
Step 1: One Year Before the Big Day
- Record your inspirations and desires you'd like for your wedding.
- Choose the family and friends that you'd like to be in your wedding party and begin your guest list.
- Set a budget on how much money you'd like to spend on your wedding day.
- Have a look at wedding venues to book an ideal date and an officiant.
- Begin looking for bands, photographers and florists.
Step 2: Nine Months Before the Big Day
- Book your entertainments (photography, bands) and don't forget to check them out beforehand.
- Meet your caterers if your venue doesn't supply food.
- Dress fittings, book at least 3 fittings.
- Those traveling to your wedding, will need accommodation.
- To keep everyone on track with your wedding day, create a social media group with information including your big day.
Step 3: Six Months Before the Big Day
- After getting your dress, remember to get the bridesmaids dresses.
- Buy your wedding shoes, take them with you to your dress fitting to check the length of the dress against the shoes.
- Buy your invitations with the same theme as your wedding and send off your save-the-date.
- Book a florist, and book transport for you and your guests.
- Plan the ceremony with your officiant, and pick the music that you would like to be played.
- Book the wedding breakfast and the date of the rehearsal ceremony.
- Schedule practice sessions with your hair and make up artists to achieve the look you'd like for your wedding day.
- Try samples for the wedding cake, and then order the ideal one.
Step 4: Three Months Before the Big Day
- Make sure to finalise information with florist and caterers so that there isn't mistakes on the day.
- Remember to get the wedding favours.
- Make sure everyone knows their role on the day and what they're doing (speeches).
- Remember, don't forget the sexy underwear.
- Make sure to buy the rings, and make sure they fit.
- Print the menus for the day and the order of service brochures.
Step 5: Almost Near the Big Day
- Send the invitations to the guests, and just in case, check in with all the vendors.
- Make sure to get your marriage licence (or you'll have a problem on the day).
- Make sure with everyone that they are available to attend the rehearsals.
- Have another dress fitting, just in case.
- Remember to stock the bar with drinks.
Step 6: A Few Weeks Before the Big Day
- Check in on the RSVP's.
- Chase up the vendors and check the dates for the hair and make up appointments.
- If there are any final payments, make them as much as you can.
- Check that the drivers know the destination for the day.
- Get gifts for your bridesmaids.
- Prepare the seating for the big day.
- Write your vows, saying something special.
Step 7: The Week of the Wedding Day
- Have a final check with the vendors, just in case.
- Give your bridal party small jobs and send timelines.
- Collect your wedding dress for your wedding day.
- On the day, make sure the prepare the payments for the vendors (tips and cheques).
- Have a spa day and a manicure to relax and prepare yourself for the wedding.
- Wear your wedding shoes as much as you can to break them in.
- Make sure to pack your things for your honeymoon.
- Get your beauty sleep for the big day.