Introduction: How to Prepare Raw Peanuts With Shells
Peanuts are grown in large areas in our home town. We get fresh peanuts with shells during harvesting. These peanuts are very tender and are prepared in a different way to be used as an evening snack
In this instructable we will see how to prepare the raw peanuts with shells
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Rinse and Boil
- Rinse the peanuts in water 2 to 3 times as they may contain soil which will affect the taste
- Place them in a larger pot and add enough water
- Add handful of salt and start boiling
Step 2: Drain Out Water
- Check the peanuts during boiling as under-boiled ones will be raw and over-boiled ones will become very tender and pasty
- When the peanuts are properly done remove from stove and drain out water
Step 3: Remove Shells
- Once the peanuts are cooled. remove shells and keep the peanuts in another bowl.
- You can discard the shells with garbage. They take very long to decompose and can not be used in compost bins
Step 4: Season and Serve
You can eat the boiled Peanuts as they are, but seasoning will add some additional taste
- Take a teaspoon of oil in a frying pan and keep over medium flame
- When the oil is heated, break one or two dried Red Chillies and add to oil
- Add a handful curry leaves and then add the boiled Peanuts to pan
- Spread little salt if required
- Once the moisture is reduced from the boiled peanuts, remove pan from stove
Seasoning will add some spiciness to the peanuts. Serve as an evening snack with coffee or tea.
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017