This video will show you how to easily prepare a new plastic bumper cover for painting.
For more info, tutorials, tips and awesome resources for auto mechanics make sure to visit www.themechanicdoctor.com !!!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
-500-grit sandpaper -Abrasive pad (Scotch-Brite) -Surface cleaner -Clean cloth
1. First, make sure the bumper is free of any imperfection. If it isn't the case, fix them using body filler.
2. Start by sanding the black primer using the 500-grit sandpaper.
3. When you're done, use the abrasive pad and sand the fender once again.
Make sure you don't miss a spot.
4. Remove dust using the clean cloth.
5. Using a new cloth, wipe the bumper with surface cleaner.
6. If needed, use masking tape to protect any area you don't want to paint.
7. If needed, prepare the surrounding areas to receive paint
8. That's it!
If you liked this video and found it helpful feel free to like, share, and comment to help us bring you even better content.
For more oil reset, cabin air filter replacement and DIY car maintenance tutorials, make sure to visit www.themechanicdoctor.com and to subscribe to our channel!
If you didn't find what you were looking for, send us a message with the model and year of your car and we will get back to you shortly with the best answer we can find.
For any question or suggestion, post a comment below or send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org