Putting on socks should be pretty straight forward. Slide it over your foot and walla. However, even I have troube with socks that have a heel. So I made this to illustrate how I put on socks and manage to have a perfect fit every time considering that socks are made to fit a size range and the heel can either end up on the ankel or the back of the foot instead of on the heel. Stretching out dress socks is never a good idea since you are likely to rip holes in them with that kind of abuse. So I will attempt to instruct.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: A Good One.
Behold a good sock. Let us attempt to keep it that way.
Step 2: Insert Hand
1) Put your hand in the sock and pinch the center of the heel.
Step 3: Inside Out
2) Pull the heel out so the sock is half way inside out.
Step 4: Open
3) Open it by gently stretching it sideways so the heel is evenly at the bottom.
Step 5: Insert Foot
4) Slide your foot in making sure that your heel rests evenly on the heel of the sock.
Step 6: Pull Up
5) Pull the end of the sock up your shin.
TaDa. Perfect job on the first try.