Are your strings dirty? Broken? Or are you just tired of the way they sound? Don't pay for EXPENSIVE replacing charges at a guitar shop. Do It Yourself (DIY :)).
Things that you will need:
+New Bass strings(for me Fender Nylon Tapewounds)
Step 1: Remove It!
Twist the tuning knob in a CLOCKWISE motion. Pull it out of the post.
Step 2: Replace It!
Either pull the string out the back of the bridge or through the body. Push the new string either through the bridge hole or the body.
Step 3: Trim It!
Trim the new string.
IMPORTANT: Trim the string TWO tuning posts past the one the string is supost to be stung onto.
If any thered is on the string at the end remove it so it fits in the post hole (yes, bass tunning pegs have holes inside them).
Step 4: String It!
1) Position the post so that strip in it is about parallel to the neck.
2) Stick the string into the post hole.
3) fold the string over towards the top of the headstock.
4) Twist tunning knob COUNTER-CLOCKWISE so that the strip is perpendicular to the neck.
5) Fold the string around the top of the post.
6) Tune It! If cut corectly then there should be about two wraps around the posts
Step 5: Mini Istructable!!
to help suspend the bass you can use a stack of cd's with a towl over them.