We all know that plastic bottles cannot be reused and are a hazard for the environment. However, what if we say that plastic bottles can be reused to make a great home décor.
Most of you would say no way!! However, it is true. We bring to you an excellent home décor idea using plastic bottles. This plastic bottle DIY bird home décor is unusual but looks great. You can place it in any room of the house and keep people guessing of what it is really made of.
Step 1: Things Needed DIY Home Décor
- Aluminum wire
- Shilpkar clay
- Aluminum sheet
- Paint brushes
- Empty plastic bottle
- Tissue paper
- Packing tape
Step 2: Let's Start Giving Proper Shape to the Wire!
- Take an empty plastic bottle and cut the aluminum wire as shown.
- Use a packing tape to attach the aluminum wire to the bottle.
- Take the aluminum foil and crumble it with your hands.
- Now wrap these aluminum foils on the surface of the bottle.
- Cover the entire bottle with the aluminum foil giving it the shape of a standing bird.
Step 3: Let's Wrap the Bottle!
- Take some tissue paper and place them on the surface of the arrangement using liquid adhesive.
- Wrap the whole arrangement in tissue paper leaving the head of the bird.
- Now take another plastic bottle and cut out 2 stripes from it. This will form the beak of the bird.
- Paste this plastic stripes on the surface of the head to look like an open bird’s beak.
Step 4: Let's Paste the Clay on the Bird’s Face & Color It!
- Take some Shilpkar clay and paste it on the bird’s face.
- It is time to color the bird which basically is a duck.
- Coat the bird using white and blue and a mix of both to give it an attractive look.
- Paint the beak using yellow color.
- Allow the entire arrangement to dry completely.
- Take 2 small pearl beads to make the eye of the bird.
- Paint the pearl with black and white color to make the pupil of the bird.
Your plastic bottle home décor bird is now ready!!
Step 5: Conclusion
As you can see we have used very less material to make the beautiful home décor. As mentioned earlier, none of your guests would even come to know that the material used is a plastic bottle. Therefore, try our DIY home décor bird today and share your feedback with us.