Children love kinder joy chocolates and we often land up throwing the covers. However, have you ever thought that very unique and creative crafts can be made from these covers. Yes, you heard it right! Here we are going to make a very cute turtle from kinder joy cover. It looks attractive and can be made easily at home.
This is our best out of waste craft idea!
Step 1: Things Needed
- Kinder Joy Cover
- Plaster of Paris (POP)
- Fevibond Glue
- Shilpkar Clay
- Glue Gun
- Acrylic Paints and Brushes
Step 2: Let's Take Kinder Joy Cover!
- Let’s take a kinder joy cover and separate it from the center.
Step 3: Fill It With POP!
- Now take Plaster of Paris(POP) in a bowl and add adhesive and water to make a thick paste.
- Fill in this paste in each of the kinder joy cover and leave it to dry.
- Now take fevibond glue and apply it on one of the cover. Stick both the pieces together.
Step 4: Cut the Extra Portion!
- Use a cutter to cut out the extra portion of the kinder joy edges.
Step 5: Let's Make the Mouth of Turtle!
- Let’s take bauble and shilpkar clay. Press and mold the shilpkar clay to make it soft.
- Cover the bauble completely with the shilpkar clay. Now with the help of a cutter, give it the required shape to make the mouth of the turtle.
Step 6: Stick Shilpkar Clay on Edges!
- Stick some shilpkar clay on the edges of the kinder joy cover and flatten it with cutter. Now paste the mouth of the turtle to the cover arrangement using glue gun.
Step 7: Let's Make Legs of Turtle!
- Take some more clay and make the legs of the turtle. Use a cutter and give the legs the required shape. Leave it to dry completely.
Step 8: Let's Cover the Body With Sand!
- Let’s take sand and adhesive. Now apply the adhesive all over the turtle design and sprinkle some sand on it. Let it dry.
Step 9: Let's Make Design on Neck!
- Let’s make some design on the neck using clay. Now take a deodorant bottle’s cap to make a cap for the tortoise. Stick the cap on the turtle’s head using clay and make some designs on it.
Step 10: Let's Color the Turtle!
- Now let’s color the turtle using different acrylic paints. Use different shades of green, blue, yellow and white to paint the turtle. Let’s take orange and brown color in a bowl and paint the body of the turtle. Now paint the cap of the turtle using white and yellow shades.
Step 11: Let's Make Eyes of the Turtle!
- Take pearls to make the eyes of the turtle. Highlight the eyes using black paint and use the same color to make the eyeballs as well.
Wow! Your beautiful tortoise from kinder joy is now ready.
Step 12: Conclusion
This is such a cute craft. It can be made easily at home and your kid’s are going to love this kinder joy turtle. You can use it as a decorative piece and keep it anywhere in your home. Also, kids will love to play with this artificial tortoise. This is really a very creative craft.
Hope you will enjoy making this turtle craft. Please do not forget to share your valuable feedback and suggestions in our comment section.