Introduction: How To: Safe/Hiding Place From an Old Router
In this Instructable I will show you how to make a nice safe/hiding place from an old, broken internet Router. You may or may not have this same router, and if you don't, hopefully it can at least give you an idea of what you might need to do to recreate this instructable.
Step 1: Materials
For this instructable you will need:
* An old router (although you could also use a working one).
* Double-sided tape/hot glue gun
* A pouch of some sort to put your money in
* A screwdriver to open the casing off (optional)
Step 2: Disassembly
1. Unscrew both antennas.
2. Pop the front panel off.
3. Turn the router upside down and slide the bottom away from the top, then remove the bottom piece.
Step 3: Modification
1. Cut your pouch, and make sure it fits without being seen through any air vents on the top piece.
2. Add double-sided tape, or hot glue to the backside of the pouch.
3. Secure the pouch to the top piece.
4. Double check to make sure the two pieces (bottom and top) still fit together.
5. Put your money in the pouch.
Step 4: Done.
1. Reassemble, and hide. If your router was already broken, slap a sign on it that says "Broken" and place it in your electronics graveyard.
2. Instruct anyone who might unexpectedly stumble upon your safe not to throw it away.
3. Reflect on how smart you are for not putting any of your money in a bank.
4. Feel good about yourself.
Participated in the
Dead Computer Contest