quick and easy trick using a zebra spoon
you will need:
1. a knife
2. a zebra spoon ( or a spoon of equal shape and thickness)
3. a washed avocado
(cutting board is also optional)
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Reason for the Spoon
the zebra spoon has a nice thin metal construction and the deep curvature fits really well inside the avocado skin thus making it easy to scoop out with no waste or mess
purchased mine from a local Asian grocery store but these can be found for sale online
just search " zebra spoon pack" on amazon or ebay to find results
Step 2: Cut, Scoop,enjoy
1. cut your avocado in half around the sides to the central pit and then gently twist the two halves away from each other to release one side from the pit
2. remove pit ( if you arent skilled enough with a knife, please do not strike the pit with it in your hand)
3. insert spoon between the skin and tasty insides, gently scrap around the perimeter till you reach the beginning and then scoop it out, any extra that didn't come out can be easily removed with the spoon
4. clean up and enjoy your avocado
it is that simple and while you can do it plenty of other ways, this is my method
1 Person Made This Project!
10eyedtofu made it!