This Instructable will show you how to shutdown your computer using command prompt
Please subscribe to my channel
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Open Command Prompt
1. Open the Start Menu
2. Type Command Prompt in the Search Bar
3. Right Click on Command Prompt
- It should be listed under Programs
4. Select Run as administrator
- If you get a pop up click Yes
Step 2: Type Command
1. Type shutdown -s
2. Press Enter
- You may get a pop up "You are about to be logged off" it says Windows will shutdown in less than a minute
- This should restart your computer