zmote is an IoT gadget that connects to your home Wi-Fi network and lets you control all your remote-controlled devices through a browser on your phone, tablet or a computer.
If you already own a zmote and yet to configure, follow one-time setup instructions here How to Join-Zmote-to-Your-Wi-Fi-Network
This Instructable will guide you through the steps to learn a new remote when your remote is not supported by zmote.
Step 1: Power Up the Zmote
- Make sure that your zmote is powered.
- Go www.zmote.io and choose webapp and open your zmote
Step 2: Add a Generic Remote
- Click on "ADD REMOTE" and type "Generic" in the search box. choose "GENERIC REMOTE" from the serach results. It gets added to list of remotes.
- Click on "GENERIC REMOTE" to open it.
note that buttons of any remote can be re-learned. However, in this Instructable, I am showing ir-learning with generic remote.
Step 3: Go to Edit Mode for IR-learning
From top-right menu, choose "EDIT REMOTE". Now zmote is ready to ir-learn.
Step 4: Learn New Remote Buttons
click on any button and click on the "Learn" button on the bottom-right to start the learning process.
UI will guide to you now to press the real buttons on your real remote. Once a button is learnt, it continues to the next button. It makes it easy to learn all the buttons.
It is just one step away to completion.
Step 5: Save and Start Using
- click on "Save" button on top-right.
- It is done. New remote is saved and ready to use.