Introduction: How to Use AnyMote Android App With Zmote
zmote is an IoT gadget that connects to your home Wi-Fi network and lets you control all your remote-controlled devices through a browser on your phone, tablet or a computer.
If you already own a zmote and yet to configure, follow one-time setup instructions here How to Join-Zmote-to-Your-Wi-Fi-Network
This Instructable will guide you through the steps to learn a new remote when your remote is not supported by zmote.
Step 1: Install AnyMote App
- AnyMote is one of the best apps to control your gadgets - TV,Settop Box, Music player etc..
- Install the AnyMote app from the Google Playstore
- Open the App
- Click the Setting Icon on Top-Right corner
Step 2: Setting Up the IR Blaster
- Select Global Cache iTach
- Enter zmote name (any name will do)
- Enter IP address. You can get this from your router. static ip setup is recommended. (You can also get the local ip from zmote web-app->zmote->Menu->zmote info)
- Enter Module address as 1:1
- Click on "Save iTach Blaster"
- Now App will automatically move to "IR Blasters" panel and show "zmote" option
- Click on zmote and Click on "Apply to all remotes" (This step is very important)
Step 3: Restart the AnyMote App
- Now kill the AnyMote App. (see the running apps and swipe it away to kill)
- Open the AnyMote app after a few seconds
- If you see the panel shown in image, setup is successfully complete
- If you are AnyMote user already, following steps must be very famillier to you.
- Select TV or any other device
- Select your brand, give name
- Test, if it works, click "Keep"
- Checkout the buttons on notification bar aswell
- Thank you