If you are watching this tutorial, then you must know about Raspberry Pi and its use. So without making more delay let's start this Instructable. But before that, I want to clarify something:
1. I have used Raspbian OS in this case.
2. It is one of the many ways by which you can get the same result. So if you don't feel comfortable you can use other methods also. Please let me know the process in which you are comfortable in.
3. The apps I have used is available in app Center and found these very helpful and easy to use. Feel free to tell me what are the other software that can be used.
4. The whole process will take about 2-3 minutes, though it mainly depends on your internet connection speed.
5. We have also made three other instructables about the following topics based on Raspberry PI -
- How to install operating system in Raspberry PI. -
- How to use android device as a monitor for Raspberry PI. -
- How to use Linux based laptop as Raspberry PI monitor -
Check these out if you are interested.
6. We have a separate video demonstrating the whole process. Here's the link:
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Install Operating System in PI
You can skip this step if you have installed the OS already in the Pi.
If yes then go to step 2 or else look the complete OS installing instructions in this link that I uploaded.
Step 2: Download Required Apps
You have to download following two apps from ios app store -
- VNC Viewer
- vSSH Lite
After downloading these go to step 3
Step 3: Power Up Pi and Connect With Router
Connect USB power adapter to your Pi (5V-2A recommended).
Connect the Ethernet port of Pi to the LAN port of your router.
Step 4: Find Your Raspberry Pi IP Address
Open your browser.
Go to your router IP (for me, it was 192.168.0.1. You can find it on the router sticker.)
Login to your router settings
Search for LAN ports.
Find Raspberry Pi in the list and note the IP address (for me, it was 220.127.116.11.)
Step 5: Create SSH Connection With Your PI
Now open vSSH Lite app.
- Tap on '+' icon to add a new connection.
- Give any name to the new connection. Example - pi.
- Check SSH.
- Type the IP of PI in the host part.
- Port is 22 by default.
- Type in "pi" as username and "raspberry" as password.
- Click on save and then tap on the newly created connection with name Pi.
- Now you are logged in to your PI.
- Type in the command - "sudo apt-get install tightvncserver" (Exclude " ")
- When installation is completed again type "tightvncserver" and return.
- It will ask for a password. Give the password and give it again to verify. Remember the password.
- Note down the desktop number. Here it is 1.
Look at the screenshots for reference.
Step 6: Use Vnc Viewer to View PI Screen in Your Ios Device
Open VNC Viewer app.
Go to settings and create a new connection to the IP address of your PI. Give a colon after your IP address and type in your desktop number. like this -
"192.168.0.106:1". For you it will be different.
Click on connect. If any security warning comes ignore that and continue. This is not harmful so be relaxed.
After that the app will ask that password which you have given in last step. Give that and continue.
BINGO!! Now you are on the monitor of your raspberry.
So that's it. I have tried to write in brief because you can get the whole thing if you go through the pics provided step by step. In spite of that if you face any error or any difficulty in completing the process feel free to ask me in the comment.
Take a look at our Youtube cannel 'Being Engineers' - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpB6R5qY3ZQt00C5K...