Intro: How to Wrap Last Minute Gifts Made From Pasta and Remainings of Walnuts
hi dear visitors of my page,
While thinking about how to glue my pasta pieces together, I had started breaking the walnuts and eating the insides. But didn't throw away the remainings... I thought of putting them into a project as well...
Step 1: How I've Made the Snowflake From Old/Outdated Pasta Pieces
1. I had the Snowflake style image that I wanted to make in my mind, so started gluing the old pasta pieces to each other with the help of a hot glue gun.
2. Then I added three green rhinestones (bought from the Dollar king Store) in the middle of my snowflake.
3. After I was done gluing, I thought that my snowflake needs to shine, so started using my golden nail-polishes. For the wings of my snowflake I used light golden nail-polish.
4. I added small beads and coated/covered them with another bling-blingy nail-polish, which was shining brighter in the parts where the wings are connecting.
5. Then I thought to cover the middle round pasta pieces with a dark-green nail-polish to match the green rhinestones.
NOTE 1 : cover the round-wheels pasta with green nail-polish before starting to glue the pieces: it will save you the hassle of taking apart the whole snowflake. Besides glue the green rhinestones ONLY AFTER you glue all the snowflake pieces together.
NOTE 2 : for your snowflakes to stay together, add an extra glue in the back. You may even glue two snowflakes together (in that case you will not see the not-so-pretty glued parts in the back: but you will need to spend about 2-3 glue small sticks).
And your snowflake is ready!
Step 2: HOW I MADE THE SECRET GIFT WALNUT ORNAMENT:
1. I coated two sides of the empty walnut pieces with three different color nail-polishes: green, orange and yellow (you may do any color or any design you want) and let them dry fully for about 15 minutes.
2. Then I added some cash inside one of the pieces (you may put earrings, a ring, a pendant, a chain bracelet, etc) and taped both pieces with the shiny gold washy-tape (bought from the Dollar Tree Store; Office Depot also sells this type).
3. At the end I glued a nice-looking golden ribbon on top as a hanging strap and made a nice bow with another wider sized golden ribbon. And I was done!
ENJOY YOUR CRAFTING AND REMEMBER CREATIVITY WINS!