We will be showing you how to wrap the perfect present for that special someone. This instruction set will use a box shape. If your present is an odd shape, such as a triangle or loose blob, we recommend finding a box to put it in so it will be easier to wrap.
Step 1: Gather Supplies
- Roll of Wrapping paper
- Bow (Optional)
Step 2: Prepare Your Present
- Remove or black out price tag.
- Price tags are considered improper to leave on a present.
- Identify top and bottom of present.
- Usually the display picture is the top.
- Identify the sides of present.
Step 3: Prepare Wrapping Area
- Make sure you have a flat, clean surface to work on
- Make sure you have enough room to unroll the paper
Step 4: Measure Wrapping Paper - Top/Bottom
Put the present at the corner of the paper. Turn the top of the present over 4 times, until the top is facing up again. Push the present about an inch further and mark the paper. This allows for there to be extra paper to work with.
Step 5: Measure Wrapping Paper - Sides
Tilt the present onto its side and push the present about an inch further. Mark the paper.
Step 6: Cut Wrapping Paper
Cut the wrapping paper into a rectangle based on the marks.
- It's okay if you cut it too big. You can cut off the excess paper in later steps.
Step 7: Wrap the Top and Bottom of Present
Center the present, top-down, on the paper you just cut. Fold one end of the paper over the bottom of the present. Tape the paper to the present. Take the other side of the paper and fold in about 1/2 inch. This will make a smooth edge. Fold smooth edge to overlap already taped paper. Tape this edge down.
Step 8: Wrap the Sides of Present
Turn present so that a side is facing you. Fold the top of paper down and the bottom up. Crease to make two triangles. Fold left triangle to middle, tape down. Fold right triangle to middle, tape down. Make sure to fold tightly to make straight edges. Repeat for other side.
- If you have too much paper, trim some off until it's easier to fold.
Step 9: Finishing Touches (Optional)
Place the present top-up. Take the tape off your store-bought bow and place it in the middle of the present.
Step 10: Present Your Present
Give that nicely wrapped present to that special someone, and impress them with those awesome wrapping skills!