A zentangle is a style of art where you make small patterns inside a larger picture. Zentangling can be stress relieving and fun. It is a great way to unwind after a long, hard day. One mistake people make when seeing something that looks complicated like this image is that people think only an artist can do it. But, anybody can with no artistic abilities. Here I will show you how to make a zentangle without any prior knowledge of this kind of art. All you need to know is how to make some simple shapes!
Step 1: Supplies
The supplies you need are easy to find and you are likely to have it in your house
1. Paper- no specific type, just printer paper is fine
2. Compass- you can find these at CVS or at most stores if you do not already have one.
3. Free flowing pen- gel pens work, I prefer the zebra "zensation"
4. A pen with a wider tip for coloring in- this is optional, it makes it easier to fill in bigger spaces
Step 2: Drawing the Circles
For this step, you will use your compass.
- Open the compass up so it will make a medium size circle (you can test this on a piece of paper)
- Draw circles all over the the page with the same opening length of your compass
- Make sure to over lap the circles, this will be important in our next step
- Also, make sure that the circles are covering the entire paper
Step 3: Drawing Patterns
In between each space (not each circle, each space made by the circles overlapping), draw a pattern. Each pattern should be different from the others. If you have trouble thinking of patterns yourself, this is not a big deal. You can look up "zentangle patterns" on google images and it will give you many pattern ideas. Another option is to look at my zentangle here. I tried to use very simple patterns which anyone can do
Step 4: Finished Product
When you are finished with filling in all the spaces, you are done and have created a beautiful zentangle. There is so much you can do with zentangles and they are a lot of fun. Try thinking of a shape or thing to fill with patterns for your next project. For example, you can draw an elephant and fill it in in patterns. There can be so much done with this type of art and it always comes out looking amazing. Happy Doodling! Hope you enjoyed! :):):)