Intro: How to Attatch MOLLE Shoulder Straps and Hip Belt to an ALICE Pack
This is my first instructable so if something's missing let me know in the comments. In this Instructable I'll show you how to attatch the MOLLE shoulder straps and waist belt to the Medium ALICE Pack. I chose to upgrade to the MOLLE straps because they were much more comfortable than the ALICE straps. Follow the pictures in each step.
Step 1: Marking Where the Shoulder Straps Attatch
The first step we have to do is mark where the top strap or the back of the shoulder straps will be attached.
1. Attatch the pocket of the ALICE pack where the frame slides into.
2. Mark where the pocket stops on the frame with a sharpie
Step 2: Attatching the Shoulder Straps
1. Loosely attatch both of the top straps of the shoulder straps at the marks we made in the first step.
2. Tighten the top straps at the mark making sure the middle strap is centered.
3. Attatch the center strap.
4. To manage the extra webbing tie them like in the pictures.
Step 3: Attatching the "Load Lifters"
The purpose of these "Load Lifters" is to adjust the hight of the straps on the frame.
1 Put the pack on the frame.
2 Run the stap through the extra hole in the ladder lock
3 Run the strap through the webbing on the shoulder strap to lock the ladder lock in.
4 Now take the strap and pass it through the recessed part of the frame where the old staps were attached
5 Thread the strap through the ladder lock
Repeat on the other strap.
Step 4: Attatching the Lower Portion of the Straps to the Frame
1. Pass the loop through the outside of the frame and bring it under the frame
2. Run the plastic piece of the strap through the loop and pull tight
3. Clip the strap back together.
Step 5: The Finished Product
Here's the finished product.