This is a simple way to clean knives. This is not for commonly used knives unless they are just a little dirty it is made for collectors knives that you want to shine.
sorry for crappy photos my camera broke and i had to use my cell
Step 1: Supplies
2 glasses cloths (or normal cloth/paper towels i highly recommend the glasses cloth though)
a dish towel
a sink (not shown)
Step 2: Cleaning the Blade
Do all of this gently careful not to leave streaks.
1. soak 1 of the glasses cloths (DO NOT RING OUT GLASSES CLOTH do ring out normal towels)
2. GENTLY rub blade (not handle the water can damage wood and iron)
3. let set for 3 secs (if you dry immediatly it leaves streaks)
4. GENTLY dry blade with soft cloth
Step 3: Cleaning the Case
1. Wet one side with wet glasses cloth
2. Dry with dish towels it will leave streaks but don't rub more just let it set for a few secs
3. repeat on other side and it shines beautifully
Step 4: Making a Nice Setting
Rules for a good setting
1. Do not over do it with a million things
2. Do not put so few things that no one looks at it
3. Do not leave wide open areas.
4. I find a good backdrop (in my case books) makes people look at it
5. I also found that something in front (in my case belt buckles) makes people look
6. Make sure the knives are the center piece
Step 5: Q and A
If you have any questions or suggestions please leave a comment.