This for me was on the fly and no time and no money. So paper mache was out.
1. Made paper template using my husband's face :D
2. Cut out main face and nose out of Duck Clothe
3. Painted base color on the face and nose pieces
4. attached nose pieces with hot glue gun
5. penciled in design to get a sense
6. cut out eyes and area under nose pieces
7. painted more layers to the base without detail
8. painted final detail
9. sprayed final coat of lacquer
10. glued board on the back in the forehead area to keep the mask from curving too much around the face when worn
11. attach a head band to make it wearable with hot glue gun (the best device EVER).
12. Made singular hoods. Too hot here in TX to have full on capes.
13. Final product is light, breathable and wears easily.
Pretty stoked about the finished product.
Third Prize in the
Halloween Photos Challenge