Pulled Pork usually is made within 12 - 24 hours on a Smoker with low temperature (~120°C)
Here's how to do it in ~ 6 - 8 hours.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: What You Need
- Pork Shoulder or any piece of Meat which contains at least 20% of fat.
- Salt, Pepper, Brown Sugar, paprika powder (e.g. Piménton de la Vera)
- Meat Injector
- Whisky (or any other drink with strong taste), Vinegar
- Barbecue Sauce witch you like best
- Aluminum Foil
- Smoker or any other Oven
- Temperature Probe for Meat and Oven
Step 2: Preparing the Meat
Preparing your meat is quite easy:
- mix up 2 Parts ofWhisky with 1 Part Vinegar (for me Apple Vinegar tastes the best)
- fill your injector with the injection.
- inject your meat with injection by leaving about 5cm space between each injections
- inject as much injection as you can, the more injection, the more your pulled pork will be moist!
- dry the outside of the meat a little bit
- season the outside with loads of salt, pepper and even more loads of paprika powder
- Put in your Temperature Probe
Step 3: Start Your Fire!
- Start your smoker or oven and get it to a temperature of about 120°C
- Until your temperature is reached and stable, put your meat on!
Step 4: Do the Trick!
Now here's the little trick:
Your meat will slowly reach a internal temperature of ~70°C.
If you have reached 70°C or a bit more, take your pork from the grill an put it into aluminum foil. (Make shure it is sealed and no fluid or heat can get out of the foil!)
Don't forget to put your Probe back in!
After that, put it back on the Grill an rise the temperature of the grill to ~160°C.
Now just sit back and relax, until your internal Temperature has reached 91°C - 94°C.
Step 5: Finished!
When your meat has reached it's final temperature, put it from the grill and let it rest for about 30 - 60 minutes.
Now you're ready to pull!
Note, that this method does not provide a crunchy crust on the outside, but that's why it's the dirty way!
Therefore it's Quick!