This Instructable is all about dividing, it will teach you a way of dividing without a calculator and you can learn it in about 10-15 minutes.
note 1: The key is practice
note 2: if you want to learn this, you need THE ENTIRE INSTRUCTABLE!!!
Step 1: Materials
easy: pencil and paper
Step 2: 1 Step, an Easy One
Dont worry, it are alot of steps because i wrote it so my sis would understand (7 years old)
You need to follow the following steps,
- write down 65 and put a roof like thingy on it
- write 5 to the left of it
- see if 5 fits in the 6 (yes, one time in this case)
- write the times it fits right of the roof
- write (in this case) the result of 5 times 1 under the 6
- put a line under it and subtract the five from the six
- write down the answer beneath the line
- This is a bit tricky, pull the 5 from 65 down to the 1 so it becomes 15
- see how many times 5 fits in 15
- write the three next to the one on the right of the roof
Was it hard? no!
Step 3: Step 2, What If It Doesn't Fit
- write everything down like in the previous step
- try to fit 5 in the four and note it doesn't fit
- write down a zero right to the roof
- write a zero under 4 and subtract 0 from 4
- write down the answer (4)
- pull down the five (45)
- ask yourself how many times 5 fits in 45 (9)
- write down 9 next to the zero and 45 under 45
- subtract 45 from 45 and write down the answer like always
- always en with a zero
Step 4: Step 3, No Whole Numbers
this sum will not end in a whole number but it will result in something with numbers after the comma
- Do everything like in the previous steps until you wrote down 12 and subtracted
- now visualize the 15 as 15,000000000000000000000000000000000 (unlimited 0's)
- when you have used up all the whole numbers (the 1 and the 5) you need to pull down zero's
- write a comma next to the 3 on the right of the roof, always do this when using numbers after the comma
- pull down a zero
- check, subtract, write down,repeat until you get a whole number
- the answer should be 3,75
Step 5: Step 4, the Final Step
that all folks, do read this step though.
first i would like to say something about this method, when you get zero but didnt pull down all the numbers just write a zero in the answer box and pull down the next number, do that until you did all the numbers.
second i would like to give you a long sum
if you get the answer 46410734177,5 you are doing well
Three, dividing by 0 isn't possible so the sum 135:0 isn't possible
four, in my country the decimal point is a , and in some country's its a . so there is no cunfusion i thought i should say it
five, good luck!