Introduction: How to Draw Creepy Scenery With SketchbookPro... (clouds and Moon)
When making creepy ilustration there are some resources that can become useful just to transmit the creepy feeling into the drawing, by adding the correct atmosphere, lighting and textures you can transform a plain sketch into a piece of art.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Setting the Scenario
1) We are going to open a new file and sketch a cemetery, you can just sketch some basic lines and maybe a character It is very important to set the position of the objects correctly to make a better drawing
2) Open The copic library and choose a dirty brown from it with the marker tool we are going to make lines to color the sky
3) Keep coloring the sky with a darker color untill you saturate the sky
4) If needed with a light gray put some highlights to make the sky look ghostly
5) Color the ground Black
Step 2: Deadly Clouds and Haunted Moon
1) For the clouds we are going to use the aerograph tool to make some gray clouds, set the flow of airbrush 20%
2) Draw a cloud with a base color untill you like the shape of the cloud try doing circular motion to keep them fluffy, the bigger the size of your airbrush the more blurry
3) Apply dark shadow under the cloud softly
4) If you desire a striking contrast add some lights on the top of the cloud, but keep the corner darker
1) Again you use the same technique but instead of doing circular motion, try to click and release, as if you were saturating the shadows with a real aerograph, this helps to make the craters more realistic
2) Remember the moon has some light zones and some shadows so add some lightning in the center and maybe near the edge
3) Define your drawing by using the circle tool with the pencil setting, add some lines to detail the craters try to use the same gray colors so that they blend perfectly
4) If you desire a haunting Halo around the moon use the circle tool with the aerograph use a light gray light to make a silver moon
Detailing the background
1) Add some lightning in the ground with the airbrush in a dark gray for a misterious cemetery
2) Draw some crosses with any desired brush, I used the paint copic tool
3) With The paint brush add some lines to make tall grass,, if you want a defined grass use the pencil tool
Step 3: Creepy Little Girl
1) We are going to use our copic brown palette to make the skin of the girl but if you wish you can choose paler colors
2)We are going to use the same techique in the moon, use a base color and then add the shadows and the lightnings
3) Add the details with the airbrush but for defined lines use the pencil or paintbrush, change the opacity to the paintbrush to add some dark tears and blood
TIP: WARM LIGHTS GRAB THE ATTENTION, BLUE LIGHTS DO THE OPOSITE USE THIS WHERE YOU WANT PEOPLE TO KEEP THEIR EYES
4) For the hair you can use the brush tool to color a dark mane! but put some soft lights for adding volume, just keep it very soft
TIP: YOU CAN DRAW SOME HAIR WITH THE STEADY STROKE TOOL TO MAKE IT LOOK FLUID AND SOFT
5) Use the same technique for the Moths
Finally detail the drawing more and more untill you are happy about your creepy creation
Step 4: Show Off!
Finally you can print your drawing, make some postcards or even post it on facebook to show off your new drawing skills!!
Even in pieces it looks great!
Finalist in the
Halloween Draw & Paint It Contest with Sketchbook