This set of instructions will guide you on how to export any photos and videos you have onto your Windows PC from an iPad.
Step 1: Connect the LACIE External Hard Drive to Your Computer.
- Set up the LACIE according to the instructions in the box.
- Download iTunes (can be downloaded from this link).
Step 2: Connect the IPad to Your Computer Using a Lightning USB (same As Charging Cable).
iTunes should open up to the following page:
Step 3: Uncheck the Highlighted Item.
(Note: You need iTunes for your PC to recognize the iPad and its content, but file transferring will not be done in iTunes.)
Step 4: Allow Permission From IPad When Prompted.
- After allowing permission for the iPad to connect to the computer, disconnect the iPad from the computer.
- Connect the iPad again.
Step 5: The Following Window Should Appear. Select 'Import Pictures and Photos'
Step 6: The Following Window Will Appear. Click on 'Import Settings'
Step 7: The Following Window Will Appear.
Step 8: To Choose Where PHOTOS Are Saved, Click Browse.
- The side window will appear.
- Go to Computer > LACIE SHARE.
- The first time you do this, make a new folder on the LACIE hard drive by clicking on ‘Make New Folder’. You can name the new folder “Project Files” or something similar.
- Make sure that it shows your new folder as your selected destination near “Folder:”.
- Click “Okay”.
Step 9: To Choose Where VIDEOS Are Saved, You’ll Follow a Similar Process.
No need to create a new folder again.
Step 10: Next You Will Choose How the Computer Will Name the Folder Where It Exports the Files.
Click on the drop-down menu and select ‘Tag’.
Step 11: You’ll Also Choose How the Computer Will Name the Files Within the Folder. It Should Be Set to “Tag” by Default.
Step 12: Make Sure the “Other Options” Look Like the Ones in the Photo.
Then click “OK” to save the settings and close the window.
Step 13: The Following Window Will Appear After All the New Photos Have Been Recognized. Name the File Using the Following Format: YourInitials- Name of Video. (For Example: SD- How to Peel an Apple). Click “Import”.
Step 14: The Following Window May Pop Up. Click 'Okay'.
Step 15: Windows Will Finish Importing the Files. You Can Now Access the Folder With the Files by Going to Computer > LACIE > Project Files
- Then copy the files into the Syncplicity file using the link you were given.
- Once all the contents have transferred, you can disconnect the iPad and LACIE hard drive from your computer.