A little sprucing up can go a long way when it comes to the exterior of your home.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Make a Place to Sit
When creating a place to sit it is important to keep these things in mind:
· Exterior wood needs to be treated or naturally resistant to decay
· A roof can give you a nice place to sit in the shade, avoid bird droppings or a light rain
· If you build a structure yourself make sure to work with your local building department to make sure your structure is built to code and safe for your family and friends.
Step 2: Repair Damaged or Missing Areas of Siding and Trim
Things to consider while repairing your siding and trim:
· If you are patching large areas of missing or deteriorated siding you should install a house wrap over the sheathing
· Used wood grip split less siding nails when working with cedar siding
· Caulk gaps or cracks in the siding
Step 3: Add Some Paint
Some things to consider when painting:
· Scrape loose paint
· Prime bare wood
· Pick colors that will look good with your roof and neighborhood