Introduction: How to Have Lucid Dreams
A lucid dream is a dream in which you, the dreamer, notice you are dreaming.
I've had quite a few lucid dreams and I've figured out a method to have them but *NOTE* it is very dificult to have a lucid dream and it takes a lot of practice but won't work most of the time but the end result is great. These methods worked for me and I hope they work for you - I'm not responsible for bad use of this instructable (I can't see how though)
There are two types of lucid dreams in my opinion:
Full - Where you control your actions and the how the dreams goes.
Incomplete - Where you know you are dreaming however you can't control your actions.
Lets get started....
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Bad Sleep
If you're sleeping badly you have a great chance to have a lucid dream, here's how:
1) You are sleeping badly and wake up
2) Leave your eyes closed and stay where you are (you need to stay sleepy, it helps if you remember what you were dreaming about)
3) Think about your bed, try to stay concentrated (you may lose track of reality but that's good)
4) You'll fall asleep and start dreaming almost immediately but remember, you are actually in your bed at home
5) Congratulations! You have taken the first step
Go to the next step to see another method, skip it if you want to see how to take control
Step 2: Wrong, All Wrong!
This is much harder than the first step because it consists of you having a clear mind while dreaming
You need to notice incorrect details in your dream
Here's something that happened to me:
A friend told me he was going to France for the summer holidays (real-life)
but in the dream he said he was going to Sweden
You have to be extremely lucky for that to happen but it does
Step 3: Taking Control
Controling your dream is much easier than the other two steps but keep this in mind:
When you are awake you can tell but in a dream you probably won't be sure whether you're awake or asleep
Here's a way to find out:
Try out your superpowers - seriously. I usually try to make part of the ground in to sinking sand and see if people fall in to it because I know that isn't possible in real life (dream people don't care if you kill them but real people do). It takes a lot of concentration but try - I'm guessing it's different for everyone.
Step 4: Tips and Suggestions
- Let your imagination run free because anything's possilbe and you are the master of your dream
- Watch out you don't forget you're dreaming by dreaming you woke up or something (It happens)
- You can actually make yourself wake up, with practice you'll be able to wake yourself up during any type of dream (for example, nightmares)
- Once you wake up you might not be able to have another lucid dream by going back to sleep so use the above^ tip for emergencies
- Loud noises and fast movement may make you wake up (at least for me)
- Don't kill yourself or die in your dream (My parents tell me not to, I guess it's just superstition)
Keep trying, it may take years but once you get it once you get more skillful
This is my first instrucatble to vote and comment