One should be aware about his/her Online Privacy. The recent events prove this. One of the things that experts recommend in order to increase your security on the internet, is to re-route your traffic via proxy. You can change your IP-address from the Connection menu in most browsers, however there is an easier way.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Select You Proxy Switching Method
As I've mentioned, one can easily switch proxy settings from inside the Connection menu in most browsers. However, it's comfortable to access such menus each time you need a different proxy and then return to your original one. You can add a proxy manager to your browser. Personally I use Citrio browser which has a built-in proxy manager, so this tutorial will be based on it. For most extensions and programs this process will be similar.
Step 2: Enter a New Proxy
Open any site that provides free IP-addresses (e.g. HideMyAss) and find a healthy one. For this tutorial I've chosen Iraqi proxy. Then follow this steps:
1) Click on the Proxy manager icon near the omnibox and select "Add new proxy";
2) Select Manual input;
3) Enter the name for your Proxy, Select connection protocol, enter IP-address and connection port;
4) Click on Save.
If the Proxy is OK, its speed will be automatically tested.
All you need to do next is to select the Proxy you've just saved and hit ON button.
Step 3: Check Your IP
Before going to any site check what is your current IP to make sure that it was switched. Simply Google "what is my ip" to get an answer.
When you're sure that everything is OK, you're ready to go.
Step 4: Notes
1) For some reason, HTTP connection works better, so I recommend you seek for a HTTP IP-address.
2) Citrio can store multiple proxies, so once you've saved them, you can return to any one by choosing from the list.
3) Free Proxies are usually slow, so don't expect to download movies via them.