([basicon project - S20 - group 10 - members: Marvin Neil Bables, Janno Monicimpo, Carlos Javier Reyes, Jan Adrien Mariposa])
You will learn how to insert symbols like ƒ¢♣ using the alt key and the numpad. I will also include how to put symbols in Microsoft Word.
1. In Microsoft Word, go to Insert tab.
2. Click Symbol -> More Symbols...
3. Pick on the symbol you want to insert. There are plenty of symbols here.
Now you have a symbol.
On most applications such as Mozilla Firefox or Notepad, you don't have the option to insert symbols. In this case, you're going to use the alt + <number> method.
To do this:
1. Press and hold the Alt key.
2. Type the code of the symbol you want in the numpad (the numbers on the top will not
For a list of some Alt key codes go to: http://www.alt-codes.net/
3. Release Alt key
And there you have it! =)
Examples of some alt key codes:
Alt + 0153 = ™
Alt + 02222 = ®
Alt + 3 = ♥
Alt + 0223 = ß
Alt + 668 = £
Alt + 95252 = ¶
Alt + 65454 = «
Alt + 21232 = ≡
Alt + 95236 = ♦
Try typing random numbers! =)
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.