Introduction: How to Make 1 Inch Buttons
In this instructable I will show you how to make a 1 inch button, It's easy as long as you have a button press first...
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: 1. Choosing and Printing an Image
1. Choose an image that you would like to put on your button (the size should be no larger than a 1.5 inch square). Then print it out and cut into a strip.
Step 2: 2. Cutting Out Your Image
2. Now you will need to cut your image into a circle. Slide the strip of paper with your image on it through the button cutter and align it in the center of the circle, then press down. After this you should have a perfectly circular cut out of your image.
Step 3: 3. Preparing to Press
3. Place the metal backing of the button into the circular holder, place your cut out image on top of the backing and then place the circular plastic on top of both.
Step 4: 4. Pressing the Button
4. Now it is time to press all of the last items together, rotate the press so it is underneath the handle and press down with force, away from you.
Step 5: 5. Securing the Button Together and Final Press
5. After you have pressed down the button it will be raised into the upper part of the button press where it will stay until you have secured all of the parts together. In order to do this we rotate the holder and place the metal circle in it face up.
-Rotate the holder so it is back in line with the handle and once more press away from you with force.
Step 6: 6. Inserting the Closure
6. Now you will take the pin that will be securing the button to whatever you put it on and pressing it into the back of the button (this part is the easiest, just push it into the back.
...And there you have it...your very own 1' button that you can put anywhere!!