Introduction: How to Make Delicious Enchiladas
These aren't authentic Mexican enchiladas, but you won't care after trying them! In this short video, Chrissy teaches you how to make her quick and easy 'White Girl Enchiladas.'
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 3lbs Ground Beef
- 16oz Shredded Cheese
- 8oz can Tomato Sauce
- Cayenne Pepper
- Chili Powder
- Ground Cumin
- 1pkt of Enchilada
- Sauce Mix
- 12-14 Corn Tortillas
Step 2: Directions
- Add the Tomato Sauce, Enchilada Sauce Packet, and 3 cups of water to your sauce pan on medium heat.
- Add the meat to a different pan.
- Season the meat with salt, cayenne pepper, chili powder, and cumin. Season to taste, roughly 1/2 Tbs.
- Stir periodically as the meat cooks down.
- Once the meat is done cooking, and the sauce has come to a boil, remove both from the stove.
- Drain the grease off the meat.
- Pour 1/2 cup of sauce into the drained meat.
- Add a couple pinches of shredded cheese to the meat, and mix in.
- Pour half the sauce into your baking dish.
- Sprinkle the tortillas with a little water and then warm them in the microwave for 20 seconds to soften them.
- Put a healthy portion of meat into the center of the tortilla.
- Roll the tortilla tightly around the meat and place into the baking dish.
- Repeat until you've filled the dish.
- Pour the remainder of the sauce over the top of the enchiladas.
- Top heavily with shredded cheese.
- Cook at 350deg for about 15 mins. You're looking for the cheese to fully melt and the sauce to be bubbling.
- Let cool for a minute so the cheese can firm back up a bit and serve.
Step 3: Enjoy!
Your family will love these enchiladas, and for just over $10 for the meal, your wallet will too!
- 3lbs Ground Beef..................$6.00
- 16oz Shredded Cheddar.......$2.50
- 8oz Tomato Sauce............... $0.35
- Enchilada Sauce................... $1.00
- Corn Tortilla (12-14).............. $0.75
Prices are an approximation based on prices at my local grocery store. Prices may vary depending on region.